Metro Detroit – I get clients that insist on following me on Facebook. They don’t want my business pages, the want the good stuff. To them that means following my personal page. Now, here’s the thing – I am not a business guy 24 hours a day. That means you will see some jokes on here, bands you won’t like or relate to and authors that you never heard of, (not all of them are business related). It’s as if they are waiting for me to drop the golden truths of advertising or hand out free nuggets of wealth building information. That rarely happens on my personal social media pages.
Meanwhile, these businesses that follow me on social media have NO STORIES, and no culture when it comes to their own companies. You would be surprised to hear this but it is actually astounding. Once in a while you might here about an event, or a random coupon of some sort but there is zero news about them as a company. That is a fatal flaw my friends because this means you are just another huckster out there hawking a product. You are like the apple push cart vendor who is on the street screaming the lowest price. You are boring. You are not going to be very memorable and yet….. you do this month after month. “Why isn’t my phone ringing?” – it is because you are acting and performing like the lowest common denominator. Everyone is doing your act. There is nothing special about what you do. Nobody cares about what you do because you are too bland, too vanilla, you blend in with the curtains.
NEWS CAN TRAVEL FAST – IF YOU ARE OPTIMIZED
Getting an angle, telling stories – that should be your focus. The good news is that news can travel very fast. Lightning fast, if you are optimized and ready for this kind of business. We have tested out many different things in our search engine optimization and the news can go live in as fast as 24 hours. This should be uplifting for all of you. Not many of you guys are doing this.
I have a few theories about why you’re not doing this:
- You Think You’re Not Interesting Enough?
- You Believe Pushing News Is Reserved For Only Famous People?
- You Believe Your Not Big Enough?
There could be a million reasons why you’re not doing this and you need to WAKE UP! Being number one on the search engines is okay but a lot of the companies I see doing it have really nothing to say to the public. Sure there are guys out there who push their phone numbers and their 10% off coupons but they are not engaging people with conversations. And by conversations I mean exchanging valuable bits of information back and forth.
You want proof of this working? Okay, check this out….
We wrote a piece about the Robyn Hitchcock tour recently at the Ark in Ann Arbor. You’re shaking your head saying, “I never heard of him….”. Join the club, he is not part of the media mainstream but just go here with me for a second. We wrote this concert review about this amazing song writer from Britain and within 24 hours we started to see our stories pop up in the search engine results. This happened for a number of reasons. The main reason why it started to happen was because this bit of news was extremely targeted. It had the right tags in it, the site it lives on was optimized for Google SEO, and it was only a matter of time before this would get indexed properly.
But we didn’t know it was going to jump up THIS fast.
Now, if you have products for sale such as jewelry, retail store items and are shooting to be the lowest price in town this isn’t going to do you a whole lot of good. Or if you just have a service and you want the phone to ring this will not appeal to you.
I’ll be frank with you. That style of business where you just throw a web site up and wait for the phone to ring has been dead since 1994. That sort of thing just doesn’t happen very much anymore. Yet, I see a lot of people who are insistent on running their businesses that way. They carry on like this until their whole business falls apart. I have seen people go out of business by sitting around waiting for the phone to ring.
In todays market you need to be aggressive. You need to punch. You need to hit hard. You need to come out with stories to engage your audience and build a substantial brand. Search engine optimization is great but you need solid brand building to make yourself known. You need readers, you need people to raise their hands asking questions and you need to pump out fresh media on a consistent basis.
That’s why we charge every month for what we do. We create content for companies so you will look interesting out there on the web. We charge for social media posting – not because we are trying to get rich off of you but because we get readers and cause people to raise their hands for more information. That’s what a good web company does and if you’re current web company is not doing that for you… then you need to drop them and get somebody like us…..
Now, enough of all that – let’s look at the results….
CATCH UP WITH HOT METRO FINDS & Ted Cantu
1 .DUMB AND DUMBER TO: Is It Worth The 20 Year Wait? – Hot Metro Finds Review
2. Who Else Wants To Create A Super Product Launch With Me? – HOT METRO FINDS, TROY – MICHIGAN
3. HOT METRO FINDS: The Moons – Double Vision Love – Thank God For The Web
4. ADAM LAMBERTS ARMY: The Glamberts Will Rock You And Turn Mainstream Media On Its Ear
5. HOT METRO FINDS: Johnny Marr – Easy Money – First Look Off New Album – Ted Cantu
6. Ted Cantu – Detroit, MI – Marketing Hotline -1.888.305.2532 – Ask A Question
7. HOT METRO FINDS Riot Fest 2014 Review – TED CANTU
8. HOT METRO FINDS: Queen + Adam Lambert Fans Trump Traditional Media Coverage W/ Social Media
9. Hot Metro Finds: Detroit Is The Birthplace Of Punk Rock – Ted Cantu
10. Ted Cantu: How To Brand Your Business – With Social Media – HOT METRO FINDS
11. Ted Cantu & Hot Metro Reviews Slaughter and the Dogs Live At Reggie’s Rock Club For Rocktoberfest
12. Hot Metro Finds Creator Ted Cantu Featured On TV Show, “Self Talk” – in Metro Detroit, MI
13. HOT METRO FINDS: Digital Artist John Hammink Is On A Mission To Prevent Art Director Burnout
14. HOT METRO FINDS: 30th Anniversary of Van Halen “1984” – Angry Mainstream Media Sounds Off
15. TED CANTU: Search Engine Optimization Results – Local Search 2 Years Later
16. TED CANTU – HOT METRO FINDS: How Does Our Google SEO Stands Up 3 Years Later?
17. HOT METRO FINDS: What Does It Take To Brand Your Business?
18. HOT METRO FINDS: How to Brand Your Company
19. HOT METRO FINDS Riot Fest 2014 Review – TED CANTU
20. Ted Cantu – Detroit, MI – Marketing Hotline – 1.888.305.2532
21. HOT METRO FINDS: Queen + Adam Lambert Fans Trump Traditional Media Coverage W/ Social Media
22. HOT METRO FINDS Riot Fest 2014 Review – TED CANTU On The Scene
23. TED CANTU: Quick Google Listings From The Marketing Vault – Hot Metro Finds
24. Ted Cantu On Marketing: SEO, Social Media, Branding and More
25. Ted Cantu: On Branding, SEO, and Marketing YOUR Business
26. HOT METRO FINDS: Queen + Adam Lambert Fans Trump Traditional Media Coverage W/ Social Media
27. HOT METRO FINDS: Billy Idol – Rebel Yell on Jimmy Kimmel
28. HOT METRO FINDS: Seth Godin Secret Prize Inside – Book Review
29. HOT METRO FINDS: How To Change A YouTube Channel Name – 2014
30. HOT METRO FINDS: What’s Up With Facebook’s Unpublished Pages?
31. HOT METRO FINDS: Michigan Businesses Under Attack Of THE WORST SEO Guys In The World
32. HOT METRO FINDS: Joe Vitale Positive Thinking Audio Book – COMPLETE
33. HOT METRO FINDS: Zero Limits – by Joe Vitale – Book Review
34. HOT METRO FINDS: There’s A Customer Born Every Minute – PT Barnum – Joe Vitale
35. HOT METRO FINDS: Meredith Quinn is RED HOT
36. HOT METRO FINDS: Husker Du on the Joan Rivers Show – On FOX
37. HOT METRO FINDS: Joan Rivers Influence On Alternative Radio 1987 – GWAR
38. HOT METRO FINDS: Howard Stern on Joan Rivers Death – Full Show
39. HOT METRO FINDS: Andrew W.K. LIVE AT RIOT FEST 2014
40. HOT METRO FINDS: Television – LIVE AT RIOT FEST 2O14
41. HOT METRO FINDS: Patti Smith at Riot Fest Chicago 2014
42. HOT METRO FINDS: The Flaming Lips at Riot Fest 2014 – Cantu On Location
43. HOT METRO FINDS: The Mighty Mighty Bosstones – Riot Fest Chicago 2014
44. HOT METRO FINDS: Janes Addiction at Chicago Riot Fest 2014
45. HOT METRO FINDS: Ted Cantu Reports on SAMHAIN – LIVE !!
46. HOT METRO FINDS: Social Media Fans Do A Better Journalism Job With Queen and Adam Lambert Than Mainstream Media
47. HOT METRO FINDS: Black Joe Lewis – The Hipster
48. HOT METRO FINDS: Title Fight – BE A TOY – 2014 epitaph music fall sampler
49. HOT METRO FINDS: Weezer at Riot Fest 2014 – CHICAGO
50. HOT METRO FINDS: Paul Weller at Riot Fest 2014 – CHICAGO/TORONTO
51. HOT METRO FINDS: Cheap Trick at Riot Fest 2014
52. HOT METRO FINDS: The Buzzcocks Interview – Riot Fest 2014
53. HOT METRO FINDS: GWAR (BLOTHAR) INTERVIEW – RIOT FEST 2014
54. HOT METRO FINDS: The Descendents – Everything Sux – RIOT FEST 2014
55. HOT METRO FINDS: Rare Adam and the Ants Tracks Make Their Way To The Web
56. HOT METRO FINDS: The Pizza Underground at Riot Fest Day 2 – Ted Cantu Was There 😉
57. HOT METRO FINDS: The Pizza Underground T-Shirt From Riot Fest 2014
58. HOT METRO FINDS BUSINESS: Social Media – Engagement – & Sales
59. HOT METRO FINDS: The Replacements Make A Comeback
60. HOT METRO FINDS: Pissed Off Employee Fires Of Resignation Letter With Attitude
61. HOT METRO FINDS: Slaughter and the Dogs Comes to Reggie’s Rock Club
62. HOT METRO FINDS: The Great Chicago FIRE FESTIVAL – 2014
63. AGENT ORANGE: Live at the Double Door 2014 – Hot Metro Finds Reviews The Show
64. HOT METRO FINDS: RIOT FEST DAY 3: FULL BLOWN RIOTING – Ted Cantu
65. HOT METRO FINDS: We Meet Up With Al Capone – Chicago
66. MEET JOHN HAMMINK: Digital Artist Just In Time To Save The Advertising Industry From Creative Burn Out
67. The Riot Fest Chronicles: THE DESCENDENTS – Hot Metro Finds on Location
68. ONLINE POWER BRANDING – For Maximum Sales – Get Local Customers Now
69. TED CANTU: Hot Metro Finds Exclusive – Covering Riot Fest 2014
70. HOT METRO FINDS: The Replacements Are Back at 30 Rock – Ted Cantu
71. HOT METRO FINDS: The Replacements Return To 30 Rock – NYC – Tonight Show
72. HOT METRO FINDS: Title Fight – Leaf – RIOT FEST 2014
73. HOT METRO FINDS: Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears – Bitch, I Love You
74. HOT METRO FINDS: Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears – Sugarfoot – RIOT FEST 2014
75. HOT METRO FINDS: The Grizzled Mighty – Riot Fest
76. HOT METRO FINDS: Return of the ANGRIEST Guitarist In The World
77. HOT METRO FINDS: The Pizza Underground – Take A Bite Of The Wild Slice
78. HOT METRO FINDS: Wu Tang Clan – Riot Fest 2014
79. HOT METRO FINDS: THE CURE at This Years Riot Fest 2014
80. HOT METRO FINDS: Riot Fest 2015 – Could Detroit Be A Possibility? – Ted Cantu
81. Ted Cantu And Hot Metro Finds Covers Riot Fest In Chicago Humboldt Park
82. HOT METRO FINDS: Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds – FLAMING LIPS – RIOT FEST 2014
83. HOT METRO FINDS: The Dandy Warhols at Riot Fest 2014 – Ted Cantu
84. HOT METRO FINDS: SAMIAM Riot Fest 2014 – Ted Cantu
85. HOT METRO FINDS: Another GOOD Reason To Go To RIOT FEST 2014
86. HOT METRO FINDS: Pussy Riot – Putin Lights Up The Fires – Ted Cantu
87. CHICAGO RIOT FEST – JANES ADDICTION – Been Caught Stealing – Hot Metro Finds
88. HOT METRO FINDS – Chicago Riot Fest 2014: TELEVISION – The Blank Generation
89. CHICAGO RIOT FEST 2014: Billy Bragg – Greetings To The New Brunette – Hot Metro Finds
90. CHICAGO RIOT FEST: The Picture Books – Your Kisses Burn Like Fire – Hot Metro Finds
91. WEEZER CHICAGO RIOT FEST 2014: Buddy Holly – LIVE – Hot Metro Finds
92. THE DESCENDENTS AT RIOT FEST 2014: The Descendants – Coolidge
93. Why Detroit Is More Punk Than L.A. And New York Put Together!
94. CHICAGO RIOT FEST 2014 – THE CURE – A Night Like This – Hot Metro Finds
95. CHICAGO RIOT FEST: Tegan & Sara – Back In Your Head – HOT METRO FINDS
96. CHICAGO RIOT FEST 2014: The Cure – In Between Days – Hot Metro Finds
97. CHICAGO RIOT FEST 2014: Social Distortion – Bad Luck – HOT METRO FINDS
98. RIOT FEST – THE BUZZCOCKS: What Do I Get? – Hot Metro Finds
99.HOT METRO FINDS – ECHO AND THE BUNNYMEN: Holy Moses on David Letterman Show
100. HOT METRO FINDS: Ted Cantu Whips Local Web Traffic Into Shape For Novi, Michigan Businesses
101. HOT METRO FINDS: The Return Of The Libertines 2014
102. THE BUZZCOCKS: Rocking Out At Chicago Riot Fest 2014
103. THE FLAMING LIPS: Your Most Gracious Hosts At Chicago’s Riot Fest 2014
104. Ted Cantu Hot Metro Finds Presents – THE BOOZE
105. Ted Cantu / Hot Metro Finds Presents: THE BOOZE – There Goes My Girl